DISTRICT 7360 FOUR-WAY TEST SPEECH CONTEST 2021-2022
The Purpose and Goals of the Contest
The purpose of the 4-Way Test is to foster the principles of ethics in everyday life as well as in business. The Speech Contest is designed to introduce high school students to Rotary and the 4-Way Test by creating interest through a competitive speech contest, sponsored by their local Rotary club.
The specific goals of the Contest are to:
- Acquaint a large number of youth with Rotary, and specifically, the tenets of the 4-Way Test.
- Demonstrate and enhance Rotarians’ commitment to youth.
- Heighten awareness of Rotary among parents, school officials, and the community at large.
- Recognize, encourage and reward hard work and accomplishment in our youth.
- Provide an opportunity for Rotarians to participate in a Community/Vocational Service program which focuses on the 4-Way Test as our standard of behavior.
Contests in a COVID environment (again)
As we experienced last year, this coming year may continue to be challenging as some students may be having school remotely. Work with the school contacts to establish the communication to as many possible participants. Be creative in your club level contest. Hold the contest on Zoom if needed.
There are three levels of competition: Club, Regional and District. Each club indicates their intent to compete by submitting the Club Entry Form by February 15, 2022 and conducts their local club level contests by March 1, 2022. Club contests MUST be completed by March 1, 2022.
Regional Contests will be held during March and April 2022. Specific dates and locations for these contests will be determined based on clubs entering the contest. The winning speaker from each of the regional contests will compete at the District level competition, date and location TBD based on the current COVID situation and district events.
February 15, 2022 – Club Entry Forms must be submitted to Chair – Art Leach
March 1, 2022– Club contests must be completed
March 10, 2022 - Submit club winner’s information
March - April 2022 - Regional contests, locations, and dates to be decided
May 2022 - District Contest , date/location TBD
Manual & Forms
The 2021-22 Manual can be downloaded from DACdb, under the district file area : Manual
Individual Forms from the Manual can be downloaded below:
• Student Entry Form and Biography 2021-22 - FORM
• Club Entry Form 2021-22 - FORM
Contact Art Leach – email