THE ROTARY CLUB OF VISALIA SUNSET
This Policy describes our practices for collecting, using, protecting, disclosing, and disposing of personal data. It also describes the types of data that we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you: [review and edit/add to the list of personal data sources below]
- Visit our website, http://www.visaliasunsetrotary.org (“Website”)
- Join or maintain membership in this Rotary Club
- Interact with Rotary District 5230, Rotary International (“RI”), The Rotary Foundation, and partner organizations
- Register for or attend events we host
- Use our services
- Participate in our programs
Data We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of personal data, including information by which you could be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, gender, financial data, or other sensitive information that might identify you (“personal data”).
We collect data from the following people:
- Users of our Website
- Members of the Rotary Club and its Rotaract clubs
- Members of Interact clubs, if the Interactors’ parents or legal guardians have consented
- People who participate in Rotary Club programs, such as Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (if applicable, with the consent of parents or legal guardians)
- People who participate in Rotary Club events
We collect this data:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- From RI or from Rotary District 5230, The Rotary Foundation, and partner organizations
Data You Provide to Us
We collect personal data you provide when you interact with our Website or with the Rotary Club, including any interaction offline or in person, such as when you:
- Contact this Rotary Club to make an inquiry, including an inquiry about membership
- Join this Rotary Club or any associated Rotaract or Interact club
- Register on DACdb
- Use services on our Website, including: Donating to the Rotary Club’s foundation
- Register for Rotary Club events
- Provide personal data on paper forms
- Submit applications for programs such as scholarships
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data about you that we collect or that you provide to us to:
- Present our Website and its content to you
- Perform our core business purposes
- Fulfilling the Rotary Club’s obligations to its members, program participants, and other individuals and entities
- Processing financial transactions
- Supporting fundraising efforts
- Facilitating event planning
- Communicating key organizational messages through Rotary Club publications and other materials
- Supporting the programs and members of the Rotary Club
- Complying with legal requirements
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose aggregated data about our users, or data that cannot be used to identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose the personal data that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to:
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with a court order, law, or legal process, or respond to a government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of members, participants in this Rotary Club’s programs and events, this Rotary Club, Rotary District 5230, RI, or others
Disposing of Your Personal Data
This Rotary Club retains personal data identifying you for as long as necessary in the circumstances — for instance, as long you are a member of a club or have a relationship with this club, or as may be needed to enforce or defend contract claims or as is required by applicable law. Personal data that we no longer need will be disposed of and/or anonymized so you can no longer be identified from it.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You may request access to your personal data, or ask for a correction or deletion, by:
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may not accommodate a request to change or delete data if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the data to be incorrect.
Our Website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal data from or about children without parental consent. Children should not use or provide any personal data on our Website, or on or through any of its features, register on our Website, make any purchases through our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website, or provide to us any personal data about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name. If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from a child, we will delete that personal data. If you believe we might have any personal data from or about a child, please contact us at: email@example.com.
[Insert a statement about the technical and operational measures the club takes to secure personal data against accidental loss and against unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Also note how the club will respond if someone violates this Policy.]
The Rotary Club may change, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time. These modifications shall take effect immediately on being posted on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is noted at the bottom of the page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy for any changes.
If you have any questions about our Rotary Club’s privacy protection practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: July 12, 2021