DISTRICT 7360 FOUR-WAY TEST SPEECH CONTEST 2023-2024
Clubs, it is now time to start your work to reach out to teachers, guidance counselors and others in schools to begin recruiting students to participate in the 4-Way Test Speech Contest.
Prize amounts for this year’s contest are substantial. The contest winner will receive $2,000, the 1st runner up, $1,000 and other contestants $500. Regional prizes have also been increased.
The Purpose and Goals of the Contest
The purpose of the 4-Way Test is to foster the principles of ethics in everyday life as well as in business. The Speech Contest is designed to introduce high school students to Rotary and the 4-Way Test by creating interest through a competitive speech contest, sponsored by their local Rotary club.
The specific goals of the Contest are to:
- Acquaint a large number of youth with Rotary, and specifically, the tenets of the 4-Way Test.
- Demonstrate and enhance Rotarians’ commitment to youth.
- Heighten awareness of Rotary among parents, school officials, and the community at large.
- Recognize, encourage and reward hard work and accomplishment in our youth.
- Provide an opportunity for Rotarians to participate in a Community/Vocational Service program which focuses on the 4-Way Test as our standard of behavior.
There are three levels of competition: Club, Regional and District. Each club indicates their intent to compete by submitting the Club Entry Form and conducts their local club level contests. Club contests MUST be completed by March 31, 2024.
Regional Contests will be held during April 2024. Specific dates and locations for these contests will be determined based on clubs entering the contest. The winning speaker from each of the regional contests will compete at the district level competition, being held in Hagerstown MD.
February 15, 2024 – Club Entry Forms must be submitted to Chair – Art Leach
March 31, 2024 – Club contests must be completed.
April 2, 2024 - Submit club winner’s information.
April 2024 - Regional contests, locations, and dates to be decided.
May 18, 2024 - District Contest, Hagerstown MD
Manual & Forms
The 2024 Manual can be downloaded from DACdb, under the district file area : Manual
Individual Forms from the Manual can be downloaded:
• Student Entry Form and Biography 2024
• Club Entry Form 2024
Also on the WEB site under the document tab at the top of the page: scroll down to 4 Way Test
Contact Art Leach – email