The Rotary Club of Seattle International District has a goal of awarding educational scholarships and assigns the award process to the Scholarship Committee. In the school year 2022-2023, there are three categories of scholarships.
- General Scholarships: We award at least three $2,000 scholarships in the names of Zahir Ahmed, Phil Gai, Lloyd Barnes and Charles Peterson. The eligibility criteria are:
- Student of color
- Low income
- About to graduate from one of these high schools:
- Cleveland High School
- Rainier Beach High School
- Garfield High School
- Sierra Summit High School
- Franklin High School
Click here for the General Scholarship Application.
- Social Justice Scholarship: We award one $2,000 scholarship in the name of Paul Mar. The eligibility criteria are:
- Graduating senior of any race, ethnicity, nationality, or gender from any Seattle High School, public or private
- Demonstration of a strong commitment to social justice
- There is no income threshold for this scholarship.
Click here for the Social Justice Scholarship Application.
- Music Scholarship: We award one $2,000 scholarship in the name of Gary Ewing. The eligibility criteria are:
- Graduating senior
- Attends Roosevelt High School
- Intends to major in music.
- There are no other criteria for this scholarship.
Click here for the Music Scholarship Application.
Questions regarding any of these applications can be directed to the Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee, Ed Jefferson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to:
Scholarships Chair: Ed Jefferson
1202 N 10th Pl Apt 1201
Renton, WA 98057
Applications due to Seattle International District Rotary Club
Scholarship recipients invited to SIDRC club luncheon. SIDRC makes presentations at recipients' schools when possible.