The Rotary Club of Seattle International District has a goal of awarding educational scholarships and assigns the award process to the Scholarship Committee. In the school year 2021-2022, there are three categories of scholarships.
- General Scholarships: We award at least three $2,000 scholarships in the names of Zahir Ahmed, Phil Gai, Lloyd Barnes and Charles Peterson. The eligibility criteria are:
- Student of color
- Low income
- About to graduate from one of these high schools:
- Cleveland High School
- Rainier Beach High School
- Garfield High School
- Sierra Summit High School
- Franklin High School
- Social Justice Scholarship: We award one $2,000 scholarship in the name of Paul Mar. The eligibility criteria are:
- Graduating senior of any race, ethnicity, nationality, or gender from any Seattle High School, public or private
- Demonstration of a strong commitment to social justice
- There is no income threshold for this scholarship.
- Music Scholarship: We award one $2,000 scholarship in the name of Gary Ewing. The eligibility criteria are:
- Graduating senior
- Attends Roosevelt High School
- Intends to major in music.
- There are no other criteria for this scholarship.
Questions regarding any of these applications can be directed to the Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee, Ed Jefferson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to:
Scholarships Chair: Ed Jefferson
1202 N 10th Pl Apt 1201
Renton, WA 98057
Applications due to Seattle International District Rotary Club
Scholarship recipients invited to SIDRC club luncheon. SIDRC makes presentations at recipients' schools when possible.